Thu, Nov 16|
FUEL Service Provider Trainings
Service Provider Training is part of FUEL's community capacity-building programs. Those who are trained through these workshops will be equipped with tools to deliver this information to the community. Know Your Rights and Family Emergency Preparedness Assistance Sessions
Time & Location
Nov 16, 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
About the event
This training series developed by the Family Unity, Education, and Legal (FUEL) Network is part of our "Service Provider Training" community capacity-building program. Those who are trained through these workshops will be equipped with tools to deliver this information and will receive technical assistance from CRLAF/FUEL attorneys if they have questions regarding immigrant rights updates.
Know Your Rights Training includes:
- Updates on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Laws and Policies Addressing Obstacles to Higher Education for Undocumented Students
- Select California Legislation
- General Immigration Information
- Know Your Rights When Encountering Law Enforcement
Family Emergency Preparedness Assistance (FEPA) Training includes:
- Information that can be utilized to create emergency plans for one's children in the event of deportation.
- Information on steps that immigrants can take to decrease their chances of detection, to protect themselves in the event of contact with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and to prepare in the event that a loved one is placed in removal (deportation) proceedings.
- Template Documents